I AM A REPUBLICAN BECAUSE . .
- The strength of our nation lies with the
individual and that each person's dignity, freedom, ability and responsibility must be
- In equal rights, equal justice and equal
opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age or disability.
- Free enterprise and encouraging individual
initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth and
- Government must practice fiscal
responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of the money they earn.
- The proper role of government is to provide for the
people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private
organizations and that the best government is that which governs least.
- The most effective, responsible and responsive
government is government closest to the people.
- Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong while
developing new and innovative ideas to meet the challenges of changing times.
- Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride
while working to extend peace, freedom, and human rights throughout the world.
- The Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating
these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.